Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fate

My plot area and number in the Huntington Beach Community Garden is F8. Fate will be the main topic of my blogs this year, but this is the first year of the HBCG, so the entire community garden has not even been created yet. Only recently has the committee finished nearly two years of preparation for last night's meeting to assign plots to members. I will try to get my community service group (Beyond The Limit) at my school (Liberty Christian High School) to volunteer to help with the groundwork to get the plots laid and everything that needs done in order to open the garden to everyone around Halloween. I will try to keep this site updated with information and pictures of my plot throughout the growing season, which in Southern California is pretty much the entire year.

My other main focus on the blog will be to post my progress, as with the community garden, but with my soon-to-come aquaponic system. I will be setting up a small (~150 gallon) system in my garden at home. The garden at home is along the side yard of the house, and will also be included in the posts, but is not a main focus, as my fruit and vegetable production will mainly be in the previously stated topics. The side yard is going to focus on rare/tropical plants as ornamentals, although some are edible.

I know there is no audience for this blog yet, but I hope to gain at least a small following to help others better understand unusual or even radical gardening methods.

-- kmgx3x

1 comment:

  1. Are you working of the aquaponic setup yet, or are you just working on the plans for now? let me know if you need anything.
    mom

    ReplyDelete